Sunday, September 5, 2010

comfort--cooler weather

My husband and I enjoyed our usual leisurely Sunday breakfast. This is accompanied by much newspaper reading by my husband and crossword solving by me. Then we went on a bike ride around what we here in Bathurst call 'the Basin'. It was a little windy but luckily from a direction that was best for this trip. Also, a good part of the ride is through wooded trails so it was quite protected. Here's the view from the halfway point.

To-night, while my husband went to hit balls at the golf course (I was too tired), I got out my paints. I've been wanting to try painting the cosmos from my garden, and I'd like to have it printed on fabric by Spoonflower. The first one is not really what  I want but  it's a start. I used Inktense pencils because I don't have the right pink in my watercolor pack. I wasn't really happy with it, so I used black ink and the pencils again. It's better but still not yet what I had in mind. I think I will use watercolors first on the next one. I want it to be more gestural and slightly more graffiti like. I'm obviously not there yet. I will be going out of town in a couple weeks and will look for the bright pink that I need.

As far as my giveaway, I will make the draw next Friday night as I'm going out of town on Saturday.

No comments: