Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog changes

Yesterday, I visited a friend's cottage for the afternoon. We sat outside on the deck by the river for a while and then inside where we quietly hand stitched. Well, OK, there was some talking going on too, but the background noise, or lack there of, was very peaceful in between the gab.
Today, I've been stuck in the house with a cold that I caught from my husband and with not a lot of energy. So, I've been playing with my blog design. I was quite happy the way it was, but like moving furniture around  in the house, sometimes you just need a change. I'm not quite sure yet if I've got it the way I want it. I think I'll live with it for a bit.
All summer the chickadees have been quite shy to use my little feeder that hangs in my studio window. Every time I would stealthily move towards the window to take a picture, they would fly off. Lately, though they are not as timid, and I've managed a few good pictures.

This afternoon I worked quietly at putting the finishing touches on a couple of projects. This is of an appliqued 1950's truck free motion outlined sketchily in black and finished with a sprinkle of hand embroidered flowers. The background is a very warm mossy green linen that doesn't show very well in the photo.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like your truck applique. I like thread sketching with black thread, although I haven't done any for awhile.
Your new blog layout and colors look good

Lana said...

Very cool!!! I love any kind of fiber art...this should be framed!

Lana C.
www.FindingLana.blogspot.com