Wednesday, August 11, 2010

my kind of summer day

This is my kind of sunny summer day-- warm in the sun, cool in the shade with a gentle breeze rustling through my apple tree. And, I was actually awake and functional today. I say that because I passed most of yesterday in a lazy stupor, barely able to move. At this point since I haven't had all my tests yet, I'm guessing as to what to eat. Yesterday, I did my usual morning exercise and ate very carefully, but halfway through my salad with trout on top, I could feel the the fog moving in; it stayed there for the rest of the day. At supper time I told my husband that I had called his doctor and left a message asking for a new appointment, but they hadn't called back. He said that they must have since I left him a message at work with the new date. I didn't remember!
Today, I was wary as I sat and chewed my mini pork loin sandwich with a side of veggies for lunch. I made it through lunch with my sanity intact. I moved into my studio and whiled away an hour cutting pieces for my little challenge project. I'm very happy with it, but alas, it's a secret for a few more weeks.
After taking another little food break--small amounts seem to work better-- I moved to the swing on my deck where I read for a bit and did this little sketch of the cone flowers using watercolor pencils.

 The garden birds were fluttering all around though not cooperating for pictures. I've been trying all summer to get some of our hummingbirds and was pleased to finally get a couple after watching them flutter around the feeder all afternoon. The picture is a little blurry because of cropping but better than any I've gotten yet. I dream of someday getting a camera with a better zoom.

No comments: