Sunday, August 8, 2010

lazy weekend

I'm living in a fog again since I came home; I think it may have something to do with a very slight reduction that I made in my cortisone that I take for Addison's. I was on the same dose for a month and waited until vacation to make another reduction. While I am at a very safe dose as far as side effects right now, I could still take a little less. Because of all my other health problems at the moment any little change affects me. It's very frustrating; I'm trying to be patient and keep telling myself we'll get to the bottom of it all once all the tests are done.
 I'm writing this explanation to make some excuses as to why I've not done  a lot lately. Yesterday, i did attend a local craft show in the morning and I bought this pottery tray from a friend Sarah branch of Branch Designs. I love her work. You can find her on Etsy. (One of these days I really will figure out how to include the link.)

After I came home, I rested most of the afternoon, and then last night I pulled out the fabrics that I got in the swap at our guild. They are to be used in a challenge to be finished for the first meeting in September. I'm a little slow getting started although I've had an idea of what I want to do for a while. It has to be a secret until it's revealed at the first meeting, so I cannot show my sketches or my work, but here are some of the fabrics laid out. It is quite an assortment, but I think it will work for what I have in mind. I would be very interested to hear some other suggestions from anyone out there.

Today, my husband got me out for my little bit of bike riding early in the morning and this afternoon we visited his  parents at the beach. We purchased a piece of trout for supper and he did it on the barbecue. To go with the fish he put on a pot of fresh garden carrots and string beans that came from our little garden patch. I was so tired that I didn't help much, but after eating I felt a little better. I finally got around to cutting up some rhubarb that I picked a few days ago and I made these muffins.  They are  from one of my favorite recipes that I use regularly and change the ingredients to suit the supply. They are very hearty with oat bran, bran, flax meal, and whole wheat flour. The wet ingredients are pureed in the blender and include 2 whole cut up oranges. It felt like a major accomplishment as I'd been trying to work up the energy to do them for days.

No comments: