Monday, June 28, 2010

Group Sewing Day

Today, I met with  6 of a group of about 12 quilters who get together regularly for gabbing and sewing. They planned a day to make purses/bags at a nice little quilt shop called the Chaleur Quilting Company about a half hour drive from here. We took a brown bag lunch and spent the day cutting and sewing.
Instead of the bag (I'm not a purse person) I worked on finishing up the fishing huts piece and made it into a sewing machine cover. I did drive up myself because I'm not able to put in full day, but I sure did enjoy it. There is nothing like getting together with a group of women friends, doing something you love. The gab session at lunch time is good for the soul too. Here are a couple of pictures of the workshop room and the shop.

Here is the machine cover:

No comments: