Monday, May 10, 2010

New Book

I've been slowly savoring the book Nature Inspired by Tracy Huskamp that I ordered along with a couple other items through her blog and Etsy shop. As usual with anything I've ordered it was lovingly wrapped with those little extras that show the care for every customer. If like me, you are one of those people who cannot come home from a walk inthe woods or on the beach wiothout something in your pocket, you would love this book. Tracy also incorporates my other fascination -birds- into her paintings and projects.
 http://thereddoor-studio.blogspot.com/

 I've been 'inspired' to paint these tulips on fabric following the directions in the book. I will use them in a collage in Tracy's style. I love it!
I also want to try to paint more birds. I'm not very good at it yet, so when they arrived at my deck feeder today, I decided to get few pictures. It seems like one was looking me in the eye. I was interrupting their feed.

No comments: