Friday, March 26, 2010

A Day for Friends




I am very slowly coming out of the fog I've been in for the last few weeks and plan to get back to work on Monday. Yesterday, I had two lovely visits with friends. The first one involved tea, corn bread biscuits with maple syrup (she and her husband make it themselves), and lots of creative chat. This special friend, Nicole, makes recycled art. I just had to come home with one of her new bags. She has not joined Etsy yet, but perhaps will soon. Her things are amazing.






Next, a friend dropped by for lunch; she wanted a little advise on a project. The flowers she brought were so different, I just had to sit down with pen and sketchbook after she left. I do plan to add color to it, and I'd love to make a stencil to print it onto fabric. Aren't they different? She didn't get the name, but it's supposed to be in the strawberry family.



I then rested for the afternoon, as it was the night to meet my little group of 3 creative journal friends for our first swap. We met for only 45 minutes at Tim's for supper, as our time was limited, but we made the swap and chose a theme for the next month. It is going to be 'speckled eggs' --any media-- and we have 2 more people joining in. We don't want it to be a big project or a stress-- the page is supposed to take an hour or 2 at most, but it's a nice way to connect with friends and get those creative juices flowing. The pages that we swap are about 4 by 8 inches and are meant to be experimental. The idea is try something you might not have tried before with no stress.
The first picture is of the one I did--the theme was 'melting'. It is done on white cotton, mono printed, Inktense pencil work added, and mostly embellished and hand stitched.




The next picture is the one that my friend Nicole did. I haven't taken a picture of the 3rd one by Charlotte yet, but I will. She has done hers in a collage/journal style.

2 comments:

Marthann's Musings said...

I love everything you do, you are so versitle. Nice bright colors, beautiful patterns, keep it up girlfriend. Isn't this blogging world fun

Judy said...

I love your flower sketch. It would make a great linocut.

Your sketch group sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. It's nice to 'meet' you!

xo