Wednesday, January 27, 2010


Well, I have about 20 minutes before I need to go make a lunch for tomorrow, so I could sew a seam or two, but I'm sort of stuck. I've finished the 5 inch shoo fly blocks for my pillow (at least I decided it would be a pillow). Then I started to put on chocolate brown borders in order to bring it to the size I want. I'm just not sure about the brown. I really like the bright fabrics, but I'm thinking I should just use the same muslin to keep it light. I would appreciate some opinions on this.
Do you ever go through phases when you have favorite color combinations? I think everyone must. Often people try to tell that you can't put certain colors together; I think those are non-artists who perhaps aren't faialiar with the color wheel and all its possibilities. Also, I don't think they've spent much time observing nature. My latest color craze is pictured below. It stems from my fascination with birds and my love of chicadees. I want to call it chicadee because it reminds me of them. This is what I wore to work today. The necklace was done by a New Brunswick jewellery designer, Trudy Gallagher. She has a store is Fredericton called Bejewel.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I agree Holly, I am nor sure I like the brown border. If you want color I would keep it light and happy like the colors of the shoo fly blocks. By the way I would call it your life saver pillow. Al the bright colors and the shapes puts me in mind of a fresh new roll of life saver candies. They were always such a special treat when I was a girl...so many choices and flavors but the red was always my favorite, with orange a close second. When I offered any one a candy I always secretly hoped they would refuse the red ones.