Saturday, November 21, 2009

A good day


All in all I had a pretty good Saturday considering that it didn't start out that way. I woke up around 6 am after a restless night. It was partly due to the H1N1 shot that I got last night--I got the one with the adjutant(sp?)-- which apparently can make your arm sore, and it did. Then I also am still trying to get back to my normal dose of cortisone, so I'm feeling withdrawal from that. One of the symptoms that one can have is mood swings, and I was definitely down this morning.
It ended up being not such a bad thing though to be up early. I made an apple crisp, did my bed linens and hung them out. Then I made myself a lunch and went off to my local guild's UFO day. The happy buzz from all the ladies always puts me in a better mood. I stayed until after lunch, then did a few errands, and came home to make supper. I even spent a little time doing some garden clean up.
The picture is of another stamped piece like the Christmas postcard. I did them both from a stamp that I made from fun foam. I drew into the foam and printed it onto fabric with fabric paint. This time I'm making a small art quilt that I will embellish and quilt, but in a snowy theme, not a Christmas theme. It's a liitle crooked--it's the photographer.

No comments: