Sunday, August 23, 2009


We had such a great overnight trip to visit my daughter. We made it to Tree Go; even though thundershowers were forecast, it did did not. I don't know how many of these exist - there are two here in NB. If you look it up on the net you will see pictures and video clips of what it is like. We were given a small lesson on the harnesses, the safety clips, and ran through a demo course first. I was nervous because of my fear of heights, but that didn't bother me at all. Once we got up in the trees and I had to walk those tightropes and planks, I was totally absorbed in just hanging on. It was a real challenge, but it was fun. The weather was horrendously hot and humid and we were all dripping in sweat by the finish. I opted to stop at the halfway point and my husband and daughter finished. I really wanted to go on as there were several more zip lines and over water, which I surprisingly found to be the most fun. However, it takes a lot of upper body strength and I was getting tired. The halfway point is the only place you can opt to stop; once you continue there is no way down except to be rescued, and I sure didn't want that to happen! I got one picture of my husband on the zipline at the finish.
Today I am trying to soothe my aching muscles, and playing a bit in my sewing room. The next picture is a painting on watercolor paper which I just finished free motion stitching with black thread. I am next going to scan it to my computer and then print it out onto fabric. I will embellish it from there. This procedure is demonstrated by Kelli Perkins in the Sept/Oct issue of Cloth Paper scissors, and in one of the Quilting Arts workshops on DVD. I think I will lighten the clouds a little before I scan it.
The last picture is of a beach rock collected from one of my walks on the beach at Grand Anse. I crocheted a cover for it after seeing it done on the blog Resurrection Fern. The author has an article in a fall crochet magazine which I haven't found so I tried one on my own. It's not as nice as hers but I like it anyway.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Oh I do like the crocheted rock cover...a bit of nonsense if ever there was some. I just may give it a try...