Saturday, August 8, 2009

Doodle

I bicycled to the market this morning which is all downhill from my house and took about 1/2 an hour. I loaded up my saddle bags with fresh blueberries, yellow beans and mussels to make the trip home. The wind came up and it was of course all uphill, so I got quite the workout!
I had a little food and rest, and I went out into my yard to cut some flowers for a bouquet and for pressing. I would like to do some sun prints later in the week.
The first picture I'm including today is the front cover of a little watercolor paper book that I made to carry around with me this summer. I filled 1/4 of it when I went to visit my son in Lunenburg, NS. The seashell and the starfish are collaged from a paper that I stamped with a handmade stamp, loaded with acrylic paint. Then once that dried I painted over that with pink watercolor paint. This method is described in the spring 2006 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors in the article by Moira Ackers.

The second photo is of a doodle that I did last night while watching TV. I got the idea for my doodles from the web. Try searching under zentangle.

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I, too, enjoy creating zentangles. Yours is lovely.