Thursday, August 20, 2009

a christmas gift started


I finished putting together the top for this wall hanging by Mount Redoubt Designs -Letitia Hutchings. I'm doing it for my mother for Christmas and I wanted to get msot of it done since I start back to work in a couple weeks.
Today I've also been running around gathering up my wall hangings to send them to Kennebecasis for the show. here is a picture of my latest one. I used a foam stamp and fabric paint to start, then pieced it, did some painting, some free motion quilting and then added lots of hand embroidery.
Oh, and I discovered when I went to the gallery in town that the small hanging that is pictured to the right called La Tulipe has sold. I'm happy.
I'm off tomorrrow for another overnight trip - this time to Fredericton to visit my daughter. we'll be back before the bad weather from the hurricane hits.

No comments: